Thursday, March 7, 2013

5 Tiny Kitchen Confessions

Here's another tiny glimpse into my kitchen of "secrets." In other words, here's a few things you didn't know about me!


  1. I'm not much of a baker. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I'm not really a dessert person. Every once in a while I try to bake something and it comes out well enough, but nothing to rave about. I do love to try the treats on Chocolate Covered Katie. The girl is an absolute genius! She makes these delicious desserts that are as guilt-free as you can get. The blondies and chocolate chip cookie pie are two of my FAVORITES.
  2. I eat the same thing for breakfast 6 days a week. Oatmeal with flax seeds, blueberries and raisins cooked on the stove. I add a cup of fat-free vanilla Stonyfield yogurt, too. It's a healthy start to my day, although I can get pretty sick of it. I have to watch my cholesterol as it is unusually high (though not technically high) for my age, activity level, and overall health. Thank you genetics. But one day a week I let myself have 1 or 2 eggs. It is my favorite day of the week. I like 'em poached, on toast, with a little black pepper on top. Yum.
  3. My favorite "cheater" kitchen tool? The mini chopper! When I'm feeling a little lazy or tired, whip-out the mini-chopper and your minced ingredients are ready in a flash!
  4. My pantry is a complete and utter mess. I cleaned and organized it about a month ago as part of my New Year's resolution to de-clutter and organize my life/house. Well...there's just too much food and too little space. I mean, you've seen my tiny kitchen lacking cabinet and counter space. I'll try to get it cleaned up again this weekend, I guess.
  5. My favorite cookbooks are from the Moosewood Collective. I've never been disappointed with any recipes I've tried from any of their books. They sometimes need a little adjustment to make them healthier, but they are always tasty.
-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment